Founded in 1897, Piedmont College is a private, comprehensive liberal arts college with an enrollment of approximately 2,200 students at campuses in Demorest and Athens, Georgia. Unless specified otherwise, position is for the main campus in Demorest, Georgia.
The College is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division III and the USA South Athletic Conference. The mission of the Piedmont College Athletic Department is based on the belief that intercollegiate athletics are an integral part of the college’s overall educational program and contribute to the complete development of its students.Piedmont College is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach, a full-time, 10-month salaried position with benefits. Successful candidates shall possess an understanding of recruiting at the Division III level and a commitment to the Division III philosophy which places priority on the overall quality of the educational experience and on the successful completion of all students’ academic programs.
Piedmont College invites applicantsfor the full-time with benefits position of Assistant Coach Men’s Soccer
Summary Description: Roles and Responsibilities
The men’s soccer assistant coach is responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing and implementing the men’s soccer program. Work is performed under general supervision and performance evaluation is based upon completion of assignments and the results obtained.
• Assist in organizing, supervising, and conducting practice
• Organizes and directs individual and small group player development workouts
• Assist with determining game strategy after scouting upcoming opponent and assessing our team and individual skills.
• Models sportsmanlike behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
• Supervises work study students overseeing field and locker-room upkeep.
• Responsible for organizing recruiting efforts including but not limited to establishing a recruiting notebook/software, attending games/events to recruit quality student-athletes, maintaining a professional relationship and consistent communication with the recruits throughout the recruiting process.
• Help organize and facilitate all camps and tournaments involving men’s soccer.
• Assist head coach with all aspects of the team including but not limited to training, competing, and scheduling.
• Coordinates scouting and game tape exchange.
• Performs game day and practice facility set-up (camera set-up for games).
• Coordinates alumni game event.
• Commits to and is responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations set forth for the team, the College, the USA South Conference, and the NCAA with the utmost integrity.
• Work cooperatively with personnel in the athletic department and attend department meetings/activities. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Recruit, coach, and communicate with student-athletes professionally and effectively.
• Initiate and take responsibility for specific tasks without being instructed and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Scout opponents, break-down tapes, and relay the information to the head coach and student-athletes effectively.
• Improve individual skills of student-athletes by enforcing and instructing player development sessions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The Assistant Coach will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Head Soccer Coach, Athletic Director, and/or any Administrator. Piedmont College and the Men’s Soccer Head coach have the right to update, revise, or change this job description and related duties at any time.
To apply, applicants should submit a letter of interest, a current resume, unofficial copies of transcripts, and names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three references to: Office of Human Resources via e-mail to email@example.com with “Men’s Soccer Assistant Coach” in the subject line.
Piedmont College is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer. Veterans, minorities, women, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Founded in 1897, Piedmont College is a comprehensive liberal arts institution and also offers a variety of career-oriented majors, including education, business and nursing. Total enrollment is approximately 2,800 students on campuses in Demorest and Athens, GA .The Demorest campus is a traditional residential campus located in rural Habersham County, and the Athens campus is designed for commutin...g students and is located near downtown Athens. Both campuses offer a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, including education specialist programs and an education doctoral program. Piedmont College educates students to become successful and responsible citizens through rigorous academic instruction in the liberal arts and professional disciplines. The College provides educational opportunities through a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs. The institution emphasizes critical thinking, high ethical standards, and respect for diversity.