The LIU Post Department of Athletics is seeking an Assistant Coach for its Division II Men's Lacrosse program.
The LIU Post men's lacrosse program has a rich tradition and history of success. The Pioneers have won three NCAA Division II National Championships and have won four of the last five ECC titles. LIU Post Athletics has finished in the top-2 of the East Region Learfield Cup standings each of the last three seasons. The program has captured five-consecutive ECC Commissioner's Cups for overall program success.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Student-Athlete Development -Develop student-athletes with counseling, advising, educating, and motivating -Develop student-athletes through inspiration, discipline, and rewards -Monitor, evaluate, and retain student-athletes -Assist in team building and character development with student-athletes
2. Coaching -Assist in planning practices, training sessions, team and individual conditioning, line-ups, and competitive strategies -Assist in instruction and demonstration of techniques and skills -Assist in evaluating/assessing, effectiveness and results. -Assist in adapting/refining strategies. -Communicate with athletes and team on a regular basis
3. Recruiting -Assist in identifying, attracting and selecting prospects -Assist in evaluating prospects through high school visits, at competitions, and/or home visits -Promote LIU Post through communicating with prospects and families -Assist in coordinating recruitment strategies, calendar, and procedures -Assist in yielding student prospects
4. Program Administration -Assist in planning and evaluating program results, status, and priorities -Assist in preparing and managing annual program budgets -Assist in supervising, managing, and evaluating personnel -Assist in evaluating prospective members of the coaching staff -Assist in scheduling competitions and/or planning tournaments in coordination with appropriate administrator. -Comply with NCAA, League and institutional rules -Utilize technology to achieve efficiencies and productivity
5. Advancement -Assist in promoting strong public and media relations -Assist in promoting strong alumni relations -Assist in promoting strong parent relations, community relations, and professional relations -Assist in fulfilling a commitment to service
6. Results -Assist in achieving competitive success within the Conference -Assist in achieving academic success across the team -Assist in graduating student athletes at a rate equal to or above the University rate -Assist in realizing personal growth and development in every student-athlete -Assist in promoting recognition of student-athletes
7. Assist in Equipment Room Management
8. Other Duties as Assigned
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Previous coaching experience
Thorough knowledge of NCAA rules
Recruitment skills and netwrok
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong organizational and administrative skills
Ability to interact effectively with prospective and enrolled student-athletes
Collaborate effectively with athletic department team members, university administration, and media
Successfully pass a background check
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience
LIU Post, a 320-acre campus located on Long Island’s scenic North Shore, boasts one of the top Division II programs in the country. The LIU Post Department of Athletics, which sponsors 25 varsity programs — nine for men and 16 for women — and three spirit teams, has won 21 NCAA Division II National Championships and five consecutive East Coast Conference Commissioner’s Cups, honoring the best over...all program in the conference. The Pioneers consistently rank amongst the nation’s best programs in the NACDA Learfield Sports Directors’ Cup Standings, and the LIU Post Department of Athletics is committed to providing its more than 500 student-athletes with the finest in academic and athletics support, ensuring a true life-enhancing experience. The campus also has the most state-of-the-art facilities in the Eastern landscape, including the recently-transformed Bethpage Federal Credit Union Stadium and Pratt Recreation Center.