This position is responsible for oversight of all phases of the Division I Men’s Tennis program at the University of Richmond. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to: coaching and student-athlete skill development, recruiting, budgeting, team travel, and providing a positive collegiate experience for student-athletes.
• Develop a sports program that challenges student-athletes to succeed individually and as a team within the structure of the Department of Athletics.
• Effectively recruit student-athletes that can be successful within the team system.
• Demonstrate a commitment to assisting student-athletes achieve academic success.
• Oversee various administrative tasks related to the operation of the program such as budget management, coordination of team travel, and reporting of recruiting activities.
• Comply with NCAA, conference, and University of Richmond regulations.
A thorough knowledge of applicable NCAA rules and regulations is required.
Demonstrated knowledge of all applicable NCAA, conference, and institutional rules and regulations is required.
Demonstrated expertise in coaching Men’s Tennis is required.
Ability to lead and motivate student-athletes is required.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Previous experience coaching on the collegiate level is highly desirable.
A bachelor’s degree is required; master’s degree is preferred.
We’re a liberal arts school at our core, seamlessly integrating arts and sciences, business, leadership studies, and even law, into the undergraduate curriculum. We breed critical thinkers and smart workers with the skills demanded by today’s employers and graduate schools. Within six months of graduation, 94 percent are employed.
We offer the resources of a large research university, but the int...imacy of a small college. Millions in faculty research grants, and plenty of chances for students to work alongside. An 8:1 student-faculty ratio and mentors for life. Summer internship or research funding for every undergraduate — guaranteed.
We’re private, but also affordable. Financial need isn’t a factor in admissions decisions. And then we pay 100% of what the family cannot.
Our students come from — and go to — every part of the world, but they’ll always have a home on our beautiful suburban campus. We’re just six miles from, and deeply connected to, the dynamic capital city we call home — Richmond, Virginia.